Application Guide for 2023 CUFE International Student (Bachelor’s Programs)
As one of China's key universities under the direct leadership of the Ministry of Education, CUFE enjoys the patronage of both the central and municipal governments, including the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Finance, and Beijing municipal government. CUFE was selected into the Double First Class Initiative, a national project with the goal of fostering world standards in China's universities. The university is also listed in Project 211. In addition, CUFE is among the first universities to enter Project 985 Innovation Platform, whose objective is to promote scientific research of high-priority areas in the fields' top institutions.
The university's applied economics is rated A+ by the Ministry of Education in the latest round of national academic evaluation and the only university in the field of finance and economics in China rated A+ in applied economics.
CUFE is located in Beijing, the capital of China.
1. Non-Chinese citizens with a high school diploma or above in good physical and mental health, generally under 25 years old.
2. The requirements set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met for CUFE undergraduate applicants as well.
Round 1: November. 1, 2022 – March 22, 2023
Round 2: April. 1, 2023 – June 22, 2023
1. Submit CUFE online application. http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/ Click Online Application on the right.
2. Pay 500 RMB application fee. Please note that payments are accepted only via the online payment system in the online application system, on which WeChat, AliPay, and foreign credit cards can be used, while wire transfers are NOT accepted. Payment guide http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/info/1038/5373.htm.
3. Document review.
4. Online interview.
5. Interview results released.
6. Pay 3000 RMB deposit fee upon two weeks of confirming enrollment. The deposit fee will be deducted from student bills.
7. Provide Affidavit of Financial Support.
List of Application Documents
1.CUFE Application form (automatically generated in the CUFE online application system). Please note a scanned signature needs to be uploaded, as shown below:
The signature will then be automatically inserted into the application form, as shown below:
2. A scanned copy of passport.
3. A scanned copy of high school diploma or a certificate stating student status and expected graduation date.
4. A scanned copy of high school transcripts.
5. Language proficiency certificate HSK-5 180 or above.
6. A personal statement (about 500 characters).
7. A scanned copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
8. Non-Criminal Record.
9. Provide Affidavit of Financial Support.
Award certificates or other supporting documents.
Important reminders on application documents
All application documents must be in Chinese or English. Documents not in Chinese or English must be notarized and translated into Chinese or English. Application documents and application fee will NOT be returned regardless of admission status.
All documents submitted must be true, accurate, and complete. CUFE reserves the right to withdraw offers of admission or expel enrolled students otherwise.
Applicants who have passed document review will be shortlisted for online interviews. Interview time will be sent by e-mail. Therefore, the email address left in the application system must be authentic and valid for a long time.
Review of Documents
After admission results are released, CUFE will conduct another round of document review. If violations are found, the university reserves the right to withdraw the admission decision and cancel the applicant's admission.
Admitted students must register during the time specified in the admission letters. Students who fail to register by the deadline without justifiable reasons will be regarded as giving up the admission.
Registration time: early September 2023 (please refer to the admission letters for specific dates).
Evaluation and Re-evaluation of Admission Qualifications
CUFE will evaluate and re-evaluate students’ admission qualifications upon and after registration. If admission letters, personal information, or other documents are found to be inaccurate during the evaluations or if fraud, malpractice, and other similar circumstances exist, the student will be disqualified and admission will be cancelled.
According to the rules and regulations of China’s Ministry of Education, CUFE requires that all international students （including scholarship students）purchase comprehensive group insurance in mainland China. Students should purchase it before entering China.
Tuition Fee: 22000 RMB/person/year
Application Fee: 500 RMB
Accommodation Fee: 40-80/day
Residence Permit Fee: 400 RMB/year
Health Insurance Fee: 800 RMB/year
Office of International Admissions
No. 39 South College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China
Filing a Complaint
CUFE International student admissions are open to suggestions and criticism.
To file a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org