Sponsored by the Chinese government, Chinese Government Scholarship – Silk Road Program is a full scholarship that provides funding for international students studying full-time in China. The scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, monthly stipends, and insurance fee.
1. Non-Chinese citizens with a master degree or above in good physical and mental health, generally under 40 years old.
2. The requirements set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met for CUFE graduate applicants as well.
School of Finance
Institute for Finance and Economics Research
China Academy of Public Finance and Public Policy
Dec. 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022
March 31 Application closed
March–early-April Document review
mid-April – mid-May Online interview for shortlisted applicants
June Interview results released
July–August Final scholarship results released
1. Submit CSC application athttp://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/, download CSC application form
Please note: Please select Type B. CUFE Agency number: 10034.
2. Submit CUFE online application.
http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/Click Online Application on the right.
3. Pay 500 RMB application fee. Please note: Payments are accepted only via the online payment system in the online application system, on which WeChat, AliPay, and foreign credit cards can be used, while wire transfers areNOTaccepted. Payment guidehttp://sice.cufe.edu.cn/info/1038/5373.htm).
4. Initial document review.
5. Academic review -short-listed applicants attend online interview.
6. Interview results released.
7. Final scholarship results released.
List of Application Documents
1. CUFE Application form (automatically generated in the CUFE online application system). Please note a scanned signature needs to be uploaded, as shown below:
The signature will then be automatically inserted into your application form, as shown below:
2. A scanned copy of passport
3. A scanned copy of master’s diploma or a certificate stating student status and expected graduation date
4. A scanned copy of master’s transcripts
5. Language proficiency certificate
Programs offered in Chinese:
HSK-5 210 or above
Programs offered in English:
IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, or other standardized test results
/proof of English proficiency (course certificate, etc)
/signed statement applying for a English language proficiency waiver (pending for university approval)
6. A personal statement (between 500-800 Chinese characters or English words)
7. 2 letters of recommendation
8. A copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
9. Non-Criminal Record
10. Research proposal
11. CSC application form
Award certificates or other supporting documents
Important reminders on application documents
All application documents must be in Chinese or English. Documents not in Chinese or English must be notarized and translated into Chinese or English. Application documents and application fee will NOT be returned regardless of admission status.
All documents submitted must be true, accurate, and complete. CUFE reserves the right to withdraw offers of admission or expel enrolled students otherwise.
Applicants who have passed academic document review will be shortlisted for online interviews. Interview time will be sent by e-mail.
Review of Documents
After admission results are released, the university will conduct another round of document review. Ifviolationsare found, the school reserves the right to withdraw the admission decision and cancel the applicant's admission.
Scholarship students must register during the time specified in the admission letters. Students who fail to register by the deadline without justifiable reasons will be regarded as giving up the scholarship.
Registration time: early September 2022 (please refer to the admission letters for specific dates).
Evaluation and Re-evaluation of Admission Qualifications
CUFE will evaluate and re- evaluate students’ admission qualifications upon and after registration. If admission letters, personal information, or other documents are found to be inaccurate during the evaluations or if fraud, malpractice, and other similar circumstances exist, the student will be disqualified and admission will be cancelled.
Office of International Admissions
No. 39 South College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China
Filing a Complaint
CUFE International student admissions are open to suggestions and criticism.
To file a complaint, please contact email@example.com