Sponsored by the Chinese government, Chinese Government Scholarship – University Program is a full scholarship that provides funding for international students studying full-time in China. The scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, monthly stipends, and insurance fee.
Foreign citizens in good physical and mental health
Doctoral applicant shall not exceed the age of 40 years old
School of Finance
Institute for Finance and Economics Research
China Academy of Public Finance and Public Policy
April 12, 2021
Jan. – Mar. Application open
Mar. – Apr. Document review
Apr. – May Shortlisted applicants attend online interview
Jun. Interview results released
Jul. – Aug. Final admission results released
List of Scanned Copies Required
1. CUFE Application form (generated in the application system)
2. CSC Application form
3. A copy of passport
4. A copy of master’s diploma or a certificate stating your student status and expected graduation date
5. Master’s transcripts (original, in Chinese or English)
6. Language proficiency certificate
Programs offered in Chinese:
HSK-5 or above
Applicants whose native language is Chinese can apply for a HSK waiver by submitting a signed statement (pending for university approval)
Programs offered in English:
IELTS,TOEFL, TOEIC, or other standardized test results
/proof of English proficiency (course certificate, etc)
/signedstatement applying for a English language proficiency waiver (pending for university approval)
7. A personal statement (Chinese program applicants are required to provide personal statement in Chinese)
8. 2 letters of recommendation (in Chinese or English)
9. Research Proposal
10. A copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
11. No Criminal Record Check click here for more information
Award certificates or other supporting documents
All application documents must be in Chinese or English. Application documents and applicationfee will NOT be returned regardless of your admission status.
All documents submitted must be true, accurate, and complete. CUFE reserves the right to withdraw offers of admission or expel enrolled students otherwise.
Important message regarding acceptance letter and interview
After the deadline, documents will be sent to admissions committee for academic review. Acceptance letter is NOT NEEDED. Acceptance letter and other documents not listed above will NOT BE INCLUDED in your portfolio. Note: Interview/online interview invitations are only given to applicants who have passed the academic review. Applicants intending to attend online interview should download the app wechat.
1. Submit CSC application at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
Please note: Please select Type B, Central University of Finance and Economics (10034).
2. Submit CUFE online application
http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/ Click Online Application on the right
3. Pay 500 RMB application fee
Payment guide http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/info/1038/5373.htm
4. Short-listed applicants attend interview (online interview also available)
5. Wait for admission results to be released (final results expected to release around August)
Office of International Admissions
No. 39 South College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China
Filing a Complaint
International student admissions is open to suggestions and criticism.
To file a complaint, please contact email@example.com