As one of China's key universities under the direct leadership of the Ministry of Education, CUFE enjoys the patronage of both the central and municipal governments, including the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Finance, and Beijing municipal government. In 2017, CUFE was selected into the Double First Class Initiative, a national project with the goal of fostering world standards in China's universities. The university is also listed in Project 211. Inaddition, CUFE is among the first universities to enter Project 985 Innovation Platform, whose objective is to promote scientific research of high-priority areas in the fields' top institutions.
The university's applied economics is rated A+ and ranked No.1 by the Ministry of Education in the latest round of national academic evaluation in 2017.
CUFE is located in Beijing, the capital of China.
Foreign citizens in good physical and mental health
Round 1: Dec 1, 2020 – Mar 31, 2021
Round 2: Apr 12, 2021 – Jun 9, 2021
For a list of programs, please click here.
1. Submit online application
http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/ Click Online Application
2. Pay application fee of 500 RMB
3. Short-listed applicants attend interview (online interview also available)
4. Admission results released
5. Pay a non-refundable 3000 RMB deposit fee upon one week of confirming enrollment. The deposit fee will be deducted from student bills
6. Provide Affidavit of Financial Support
List of Hard Copies Required
1. Application form
2. A copy of high school diploma or a certificate stating your student status and expected graduation date (in Chinese or English)
3. High School transcripts (original in Chinese or English)
4. Chinese proficiency certificate (HSK-5 or above)
Applicants whose native language is Chinese can apply for a HSK waiver by submitting a signed statement
5. A personal statement (in Chinese, 800 characters)
6. A copy of your passport
7. A copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
1. Letters of recommendation (in Chinese orEnglish)
2. Award certificates or other supporting documents
3. Applicants under 18 years old should provide a letter of guardianship and a copy of guardian’s passport or ID
All application documents will NOT be returned regardless of your admission status.
All documents submitted must be true, accurate, and complete. CUFE reserves the right to withdraw offers of admission or expel enrolled students.
Applicants who have passed document review will be invited to an interview (online interview also available). The location and date of the interview will be notified via e-mail after the application deadline.
Tentative schedule for interviews (please see notification e-mails for final arrangements)
Round 1 application: Apr. 3, 2021
Round 2 application: Jun. 12, 2021
Offers of Admission
Application results will be released 2 weeks after the interview. A non-refundable deposit fee of 3,000 RMB and a financial affidavit is required within one week of confirming enrollment. Upon receiving the documents, the university will start processing visa application forms and start mailing the documents. During registration, original documents are required for verification. If found not true to the facts, CUFE reserves the right to withdraw offers of admission or expel enrolled students.
The 2021 fall semester begins around early September, please see admission lettersfor specific dates.
Admitted students should apply for a student visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate with the visa application form and admission letters.
The university provides international student housing of various standards
Current price for on-campus housing: 50-80 RMB/day
According to the rules and regulations of China’s Ministry of Education, the university requires that all international students purchase comprehensive group insurance in mainland China. Students should pay for their health insurance fees at time of registration.
Application Fee: 500 RMB
Tuition Fee: 22,000 RMB/year (programs offered in Chinese); 30,000 RMB/year (programs offered in English)
Accommodation Fee: 50-80/day
Residence Permit Fee: 400 RMB/year
Health Insurance Fee: 800 RMB/year
Office of International Admissions,
Central University of Finance and Economics
Address: No. 39 South College Road, CUFE Tower Room 1017, Haidian Dist, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100081